Friday, April 3, 2009

project 3



Chopping. Taking a something and making into tinier pieces. In this case, chopping a note into multiple notes. I started "building" this loop from the drum line up. Adding a chopped slayer and bass to the drum line created the back ground loop that is found throught out the piece. The drum/guitar loop heard throught out the piece is actaully one loop transposed four times. Even the loop behined the second over lay is the first pattern, the only difference is I added a boobass, a high hat, and a clap. The melody is an "Aladin" style over lay, followed by an arpeggio major cord.

3 comments:

  1. ... hehheh, that's cool. sounds really trippy, but really epic at the same time. i like it a lot. you chose a really nice set of notes to transpose, a cool sound with an excellant pattern. its interesting how it changes from what could be a kids videogame theme into that dark and epic sound. I like this a lot. nice job. you should see if you can get this used in a flash project or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very interesting to listen to, I like it. I really like the guitar, especially the rhythm and the different pitches. With the volume levels it seems like you were trying to make it more of a" background sound". To me, the opening bass sounds more of a "background sound" than the main focus. I would suggest turning down the volume of that pattern a little bit. Overall, you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ending is a little abrupt don't you think? I really enjoyed your transposition choices, and the sounds that you used. The guitar line is especially good. I'm not hearing overuse of chop tool, and all of the patterns you chose work well together. Good work.

    ReplyDelete