Thursday, March 5, 2009

project 2



The bass/drum loop. All the bass sounds can be found in SYTRUS and all the drum loops can either be found in FPC dance or FPC rock. The first loop is a "pluck" bass guitar sound. The pattern was set to a dance loop that I, entirely by accident, lost. It was just by luck that I found another loop that fit well. The sencound loop was created to be the exact opposite of the first. The bass is a "squelch." It seems I have very bad luck with keeping the drum loops I pick out, because this loop is another replacement for the wanted lost loop. The third is a "Sythosized 4." I created the bass part first and then went looking for a drum loop that fit. And the best part is that this loop was actually my first choose, meaning I didn't, by accident switch it with another loop. The drum fills were simpliar, but not the saem, as the next bass/drum loop that was coming next. It helps tie the loops together by giving you a taste of what is to come.

4 comments:

  1. This is an interesting project. i like the technotronic kind of sound, and it's a catchy tune. i like it, personally, so good job on finding those replacement drum beats. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drum loop sounds good, Tina. I like the bass sounds especially the "squelch". It seemed a little short, but it was nice listening. the fills did tie in nicely, as promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like the interplay between the drum loops and the bass lines you created. Consider making your bass line change slightly when making your next variation. The changes in the bass seemed too abrupt to form a cohesive loop. It was like three different songs all squished together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the dance feel of this one. I really liked how you didnt just stick to one same bass sound and changed it up throughout the whole thing. if this was a whole song id love to listen to it :D

    My favorite pattern was probably the first one i really like the sound of the bass. although for a bass line it should probably be down at least an octave.

    ReplyDelete